Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Beginning

I'm not sure if I've tried starting a blog before, I probably have, but I decided to start this one for one main reason; my verbal communication skills suck.

I have so many thoughts, opinions, and conversations that all sound great in my head, but when I try to put them into words, they never come out right. Seriously, as I'm typing this, it's a conversation I'm having in my head, and because I don't have to say the words out loud, I'm looking at this post thinking "YEP, that's exactly what I want to say, and exactly how I want to say it." I don't know why that's the way it is with me, but it's something I've been struggling with my entire life... until now. I have finally found the secret to my success at communication, and it's called a blog.

Let me start out by saying that I am no English major, as a matter of fact, I didn't even go to any type of fancy post-secondary education, unless you count 2 courses of Real Estate, I do, but you don't have to. So I'm using my good old grade 12, English class writing skills. I also took a creative writing class in high school, that's gotta count for something right? Anyways, what I was trying to say in the first place is that these posts may or may not be written with the best structured sentences, or the best grammar. I am French Canadian, and Portuguese, the best your gonna get out of me is a mix of "close the lights, Pass the Pattat's (potatoes), and "você é um cabeça de nabo." For those of you with the fancy English major's, but no second language skills, google translate is an amazing thing. So if you are alright with reading something that doesn't make you feel like you're supposed to come up with some sort of thesis and write a 25 page essay based on it, than this blog may be something you want to check out. If not, than do me a favour and Por favor tomar o seu "bom demais para esse" cu para fora daqui.

In the meantime, I will be posting here whenever I get the urge to talk about something that's in my head, but I can't get out. Some things may be what's considered a "hot topic", sometimes it will just be about how awesome of a little baby I have, and I assure you, SHE IS AWESOME! And sometimes, it will be about mundane things like bills, and groceries,because everyone has those. You can probably relate to having to buy groceries when bills are coming out, and then scanning over your house to see what crap you can sell on kijiji or Craig's list and make some money until next pay. Hey man, my dusty collection of "bun's of steel" is another man's treasure, and yes, it was a man that bought them off me.

Until my next post, Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I'll try and not take the "fancy English majors" comment personal... :( lol.
    This is pretty cool, Toni. You just inspired me with an idea for my grade 9 class, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete